I have written below questions from Framework interview questions perspective. if you have precise answers to nearly all of them then your framework related interview troubles would be gone.
In time I would start writing the answers to these questions. Till then try to write them on your own.
- How do you configure your pack?
- How do you execute your pack?
- How frequently do you run your pack?
- How many environment you are running against?
- How many test cases do you have, in regression and smoke?
- How much is the Execution time for regression?
- How much is the Execution time for Smoke?
- Parallel or Sequential execution?
- How frequently your execution catch functionality defects?
- How frequently your execution catch env stability defects?
- Are you using any existing Framework ?
- What tool set you are using: Maven, TestNG, Log4j, Git etc?
- How mature is the Framework, robustness, synchronization, Generic method libraries, like, xl, db, xml, json common libraries?
- How do you store Locators, locators strategies, like page object model etc?
- How do generate low level logs?
- How do you generate high level logs?
- How readable and lucid your high level logs are for end user? Dashboards, count, pass/fail percentage, test case steps, steps details, screen shots per steps.
- What is your screen shots strategy? Test case level, step level?
- Where do you store Historical reports for Audit purposes?
- How easy it is to create the test scripts?
- How much expertise is required to write test scripts? (depends on maturity of the framework)
- Who write the automation test, only automation tester or functional testers as well.( a functional tester can write better automated tests)?
- How much test cases per day you can create using the current Framework?
- What is the current fail rate? And what are the primary reasons?
- How much time is spent in fixing the failed scripts and what priority it holds?
Review and Quality Check: (to control the FW robustness and Test case quality):
- What is the current code review strategy?
- What is the branching and code merge strategy?
- Do you have review check list for the reviewers?
- Number of mandatory approvals for the code merge in the final build
- Where FW is kept for others to execute? Everyone should be able to trigger the pack.
- How FW build is created? Manual or Automatic(team city/Jenkins, maven, ant etc)
- Where Build is kept and where it gets executed? Do you have VMs to run your pack?
- What is your automation sprint cycle?
- Do you have daily scrum meetings?
- How do you notify about new enhancement in the Framework and generic methods with in the team?
- Do you have regular demos?
- Do you have regular retrospectives?
- How much are you delivering per sprint?
- How much is your current back log?
- What percentage of test cases are currently automated?
- How frequently you update your back log and how do you pick which test cases holds priority in that sprint?
- Do you have CI integration for test Automation pack?
- What percent of your automation is back end and in compliance with Agile testing pyramid?